Panthers lose in first round of NCKL tournament
The Concordia seventh grade girls' basketball team was beaten 35-31 by Wamego in the opening round of the North Central Kansas League Tournament on Monday.
Concordia raced to an 11-4 lead in the game.
The Panthers were outscored 7-6 in the second stanza, and led 17-11 at halftime.
Wamego poured in 15 points in the third quarter, and gave up just seven, to grab a 26-24 lead.
Concordia scored seven points in the final period to nine for Wamego.
Mykah Eshbaugh paced the Panthers with 13 points. Callahan Figgs added six points.
Wamego lost to Marysville in the semifinals, and will play Clay Center in the third-place game on Thursday.
Marysville received a bye in the opening round.
Abilene received a first-round bye, and then downed Clay Center in the semifinals.
Clay Center opened with a victory over Chapman.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014