Panthers lose NCKL matchup
CLAY CENTER — The Concordia High School volleyball team got off to a good start winning the first game of a League match with Clay Center here last night, but then lost four straight games and dropped both sets of the NCKL matchup.
The Panthers won the first game 25-20 before dropping the next two games of the first set 25-17 and 25-21.
“We had all of the momentum in the first game when we were way ahead.” said Coach Rio Deal. “ We didn’t finish the game and Clay Center stole the momentum.”
Concordia lost the second match in two games 25-19 and 25-23.
“We continued to let them get the momentum,” said Deal. “By letting them score more than five points in a rotation, we started our fight too late and didn’t start from the beginning.”
Lindsey Widen led the way in the first match with nine kills, ten assists and four blocks.
She added ten kills and five assists in the second match.
Megan James had 20 digs and four blocks in match one and 12 digs in the second.
Danae Gennette had 17 assists and nine service points in the first match and 10 assists and four digs in the second.
The Panthers will play in a tournament in Marysville this weekend.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014
- Panthers win in overtime over Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Panthers stun Cowgirls - Feb. 28, 2014
- JV boys lose to Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Abilene downs JV girls - Feb. 28, 2014