Panthers lose season finale
The Concordia eighth grade football team lost 34-14 to Clay Center in the season finale Thursday at Harold M. Clark Stadium.
Clay Center got out to a 14-0 lead with two touchdowns and a two-point conversion in the first quarter.
Blaze Payeur scored for Concordia with 1:19 remaining in the first period.
Matthew James threw to Baley Kindel for the two-point conversion, and the Panthers trailed 14-8.
Clay Center scored 48 seconds into the second stanza to take a 20-8 advantage.
A 64-yard touchdown run by Payeur with 5:08 left in the first half got Concordia within six points, 20-14.
Clay Center tacked on two more touchdowns in the second quarter to open up a 34-14 lead.
Neither team scored in the second half.
Concordia had 263 yards rushing in the game.
Payeur carried the ball 21 times for 205 yards.
Ian Nordell had 53 yards on 14 carries.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014