Panthers lose to Clay Center in NCKL tourney
MARYSVILLE — Outscored 19-9 in the second half, the Concordia eighth grade boys' basketball team was beaten 42-36 in the first round of the North Central Kansas League Tournament on Monday.
Concordia bolted to a 16-6 first-quarter lead.
The Panthers pumped in 11 points in the second period, to seven for Clay Center, and led 27-13.
Concordia went scoreless in the third quarter, and Clay Center scored 13 points to close the gap to 27-26.
Clay Center added 16 points in the fourth period to nine for the Panthers.
Tyler Stupka scored 11 points for Concordia.
Kyler Caspers finished with eight points for the Panthers, and Billy Bechard added seven points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014