Panthers lose two games
WAMEGO — The Concordia eighth grade boys' basketball team suffered two losses in the Wamego Invitational on Saturday.
Concordia was beaten 40-32 by Wamego.
The Panthers trailed 22-15 at halftime.
Concordia outscored Wamego 10-7 in the third quarter to pull within four points, 29-25.
Wamego tacked on 11 points in the final period to seven for Concordia.
Billy Bechard scored nine points for the Panthers. Tyler Stupka added eight points.
Concordia fell 34-31 to Clay Center in the third-place game.
Trailing 13-6, the Panthers tossed in 13 points in the second quarter to eight for Clay Center to make it 21-19 at halftime.
Clay Center gave up just five points in the third period, and scored six, to extend the lead to 27-24.
Each team scored seven points in the final stanza.
Garrett Lawrence led the way for Concordia with 10 points. Bechard finished with six points.
The Concordia B-team was beaten 39-8 by Wamego in the first round of the tournament.
Torin Fellows scored four points for the Panthers.
Concordia lost 32-24 to Clay Center.
Corey Joyner led the Panthers with nine points. Matthew Davenport scored six points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014