Panthers place fifth in tournament
Posting a 1-4 record, the Concordia High School wrestling team finished fifth in the dual tournament it hosted on Saturday.
Minneapolis went 4-1 in placing first in the tournament.
Smoky Valley, also 4-1, finished second.
Chapman was third with a 3-2 record.
Beloit was 3-2, and placed fourth.
Riley County finished up 0-5.
Concordia opened with a 47-36 loss to Beloit.
Chapman defeated the Panthers, 48-33.
Concordia lost 42-28 to Minneapolis and 45-30 to Smoky Valley.
The Panthers knocked off Riley County, 45-36.
Concordia's Cameron Miller, 126 pounds, won all five of his matches in the tournament, two by fall.
Kyle Marks, 220 pounds, was also 5-0 in the tournament for the Panthers. He won four of his matches by pins.
Cole Larsen, wrestling at 113 pounds for Concordia, finished with a 4-1 record.
Matthew Whitley, 120 pounds; Gage Canfield, 132 pounds; and Zak Romo, 285 pounds, were each 3-2 for the Panthers.
All three of Romo's wins were by fall.
Blaze Payeur, 145 pounds, and James McCabe, 152 pounds, went 2-3 for Concordia.
Taylon Whitley, 106 pounds; Jared Knapp, 160 pounds; Logan Higbee, 170 pounds; and Izaiah Grogan, 182 pounds, finished 1-4 for the Panthers.
Tracer Workman, 138 pounds, was 0-2.
CONCORDIA ROUND ROBIN
Beloit def. Concordia, 47-36; Minneapolis def. Chapman, 39-36; Smoky Valley def. Riley County, 54-21; Chapman def. Concordia, 48-33; Smoky Valley def. Beloit, 53-38; Minneapolis def. Riley County, 48-24; Minneapolis def. Concordia, 42-28; Beloit def. Riley County, 42-24; Smoky Valley def. Chapman, 44-21; Smoky Valley def. Concordia, 45-30; Beloit def. Minneapolis, 37-36; Chapman def. Riley County, 48-36; Concordia def. Riley County, 45-36; Chapman def. Beloit, 48-33; Minneapolis def. Smoky Valley, 44-36.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014