Panthers roll Wamego, 39-19
Shaking off a slow start, the Concordia eighth grade girls' basketball team rolled past Wamego 39-19 in the third-place game of the North Central Kansas League Tournament it hosted on Thursday.
Concordia was tied with Wamego 3-3 after one quarter of play.
The Panthers pumped in 14 points in the second period, and limited Wamego to three points, to go up 17-6 at halftime.
Concordia outscored Wamego 8-5 in the third quarter, and led 25-11.
The Panthers tacked on 14 points in the final stanza to eight for Wamego.
Laken Schroeder led the way for Concordia with 14 points.
Cydney Bergmann finished with 10 points for the Panthers, and Peyton Reynolds added nine points.
Amber Hildebrand scored six points for Wamego.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014