Panthers second in eighth grade tournament
WAMEGO — Concordia defeated Marysville in overtime, and lost 29-12 to Wamego to place second in the eighth grade girls’ basketball tournament hosted by Wamego on Saturday.
The Panthers knocked off Marysville 30-24 in overtime in the opening round.
Concordia led 8-4 after one quarter of play.
Marysville closed the gap to 15-13 at halftime.
The Panthers were outscored 9-5 in the third quarter, and trailed 22-20.
Concordia limited Marysville to two points in the fourth period, and scored four to tie the game at 24-24.
The Panthers then tossed in six points in the overtime, and shut out Marysville to get the win.
Jordan Eshbaugh scored 17 points for Concordia. Jennifer Garcia added five points.
In the championship game, the Panthers fell behind 12-2 in the opening quarter.
Wamego scored five points in the second stanza, to two for Concordia, and led 17-4 at halftime.
Concordia was outscored 10-2 in the third quarter, and it was a 27-6 game.
The Panthers scored six points in the final period to two for Wamego.
Eshbaugh finished with eight points and Allayna Hanson scored four points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014