Panthers second in eighth grade tournament
WAMEGO — Concordia defeated Marysville in overtime, and lost 29-12 to Wamego to place second in the eighth grade girls’ basketball tournament hosted by Wamego on Saturday.
The Panthers knocked off Marysville 30-24 in overtime in the opening round.
Concordia led 8-4 after one quarter of play.
Marysville closed the gap to 15-13 at halftime.
The Panthers were outscored 9-5 in the third quarter, and trailed 22-20.
Concordia limited Marysville to two points in the fourth period, and scored four to tie the game at 24-24.
The Panthers then tossed in six points in the overtime, and shut out Marysville to get the win.
Jordan Eshbaugh scored 17 points for Concordia. Jennifer Garcia added five points.
In the championship game, the Panthers fell behind 12-2 in the opening quarter.
Wamego scored five points in the second stanza, to two for Concordia, and led 17-4 at halftime.
Concordia was outscored 10-2 in the third quarter, and it was a 27-6 game.
The Panthers scored six points in the final period to two for Wamego.
Eshbaugh finished with eight points and Allayna Hanson scored four points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013