Panthers swept by Clay Center
CLAY CENTER — Limited to just one run on five hits, the Concordia High School softball team suffered a pair of North Central Kansas League losses to Clay Center on Monday.
Rebecca Kleinkauff shut Concordia out on one hit as Clay Center won the first game 10-0 in five innings.
Clay Center completed the sweep with a 10-1 victory in the second game.
Game one was scoreless until Tristan Turner led off the bottom of the fourth inning with a home run to give Clay Center a 1-0 lead.
The Tigers tacked on a second run in the inning.
Sending 12 batters to the plate, Clay Center scored eight runs on five hits and four errors to make it 10-0.
The game ended after five innings because of the 10-run rule.
Madeline Hoard suffered the loss for Cocnordia.
Tristen Leiszler had Concordia’s only hit off Kleinkauff, a single in the fourth inning.
Kleinkauff struck out five and walked one.
Clay Center grabbed a 1-0 lead in the second inning of game two.
Concordia tied it with a run in the top of the third inning.
Autumn Sicard and Leiszler singled and Chelsea Martin reached base on an error with two out.
Nikki Blakenbeckley singled home a run.
Bailey Bloom homered as Clay Center scored three runs in the bottom of the third inning to go up 4-1.
Clay Center added one run in the fourth inning, two in the fifth and three in the sixth.
Allissa Kearn suffered the loss for Concordia.
Holly Cooper gave up one run on four hits for Clay Center.
Kearn had two hits for Concordia.
The Panthers will host Marysville for a pair of league games today.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014