Panthers tumble, 31-27
MANHATTAN — Eisenhower Middle School slipped past the Concordia Panthers 31-27 in seventh grade boys' basketball play on Tuesday.
Concordia was scoreless in the first quarter, and Eisenhower scored six points.
Outscoring Eisenhower 10-4 in the second stanza, the Panthers tied the game at 10-10.
Eisenhower scored 13 points in the third quarter, to 12 for Concordia, and led 23-22.
Giving up just five points in the final period, and scoring eight, Eisenhower pulled out the win.
Corben Monzon paced the Panthers with 12 points. Paul Rundus added five points.
The Concordia B-team was beaten 26-12 by Eisenhower.
Concordia trailed just 9-8 at halftime.
Eisenhower scored 17 points in the second half to four for the Panthers.
Elijah Steffen and Chance LeDuc scored four points each for Concordia.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014