Saints get past Thunderbirds
Cloud County took Seward County to four sets before falling in a Jayhawk Conference Western Division volleyball match Wednesday night in Bryant Gymnasium.
Seward County, 13-11 overall and 6-2 in the Conference, won the first set of the match, 25-16.
Cloud County, 7-12 overall and 3-5 in the West, evened the match at 1-1 with a 25-21 victory in the second set.
Seward County went up 2-1 with a narrow 25-23 victory in the third set.
The Saints capped off the win in the fourth set, 25-21.
Hilta Pereira and Kaylee Bontrager had 13 kills each for Cloud County.
Erin Terrell added 12 kills for the thunderbirds.
Emily Brown had 17 digs in the match.
Kylie Penning had 42 assists and two stuff blocks.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014