Seventh grade comes up short
RILEY COUNTY — Riley County slipped past the Concordia seventh grade boys’ basketball team 34-30 on Monday.
Concordia fell behind 9-4 in the first quarter.
Riley County added 10 points in the second period, to eight for the Panthers, and led 19-12 at halftime.
Concordia gave up just five points in the third quarter, and scored eight, to close the gap to 24-20.
Each team scored 10 points in the final period.
Garrett Lawrence paced the Panthers with 12 points. Tyler Stupka added eight points.
The Concordia B-team lost 23-8 to Riley County.
Riley County led 6-2 at halftime, and outscored the Panthers 17-8 in the second half.
Dale Boldridge, Trevor McDaniel, Phillip Lanoue and Keaton Rudolph scored two points each for Concordia.
In two quarters of play, the Concordia C-team beat Riley County, 10-7.
Austin Higbee scored four points for Concordia.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014