Seventh grade ends season with win
Concordia capped off its season with a 14-0 win over Clay Center in seventh grade football play Thursday at Harold M. Clark Stadium.
The game was scoreless at halftime.
Concordia put together a 58-yard, 10-play scoring drive in the third quarter.
Billy Bechard gave the Panthers a 6-0 lead with a 27-yard touchdown run with 1:30 to play in the period.
Bechard finished off a 73-yard, nine-play drive with a 22-yard scoring run with 1:31 to play in the game.
Blake Leiszler ran in the two-point conversion.
The Panthers had 155 yards rushing in the game.
Bechard carried seven times for 71 yards.
Tyler Stupka had 34 yards on five carries. Leiszler had 22 yards on five carries, and Kyle Bliss added 19 yards on five carries.
The Panthers limited Clay Center to 75 total yards of offense.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014