Seventh grade falls short at Marysville
MARYSVILLE — The Concordia seventh grade boys’ basketball team suffered a 46-31 loss to Marysville on Monday.
Concordia fell behind 7-4 in the first quarter.
Marysville tossed in 14 points in the second period, to 11 for the Panthers to go up 21-15 at halftime.
Concordia was limited to five points in the third quarter, and Marysville scored eight to make it a 29-20 game.
Marysville outscored the Panthers 17-11 in the final period.
Garrett Lawrence scored 14 points for Concordia. Tyler Stupka added eight points.
The Concordia B-team was beaten 34-24 by Marysville.
Marysville led the game 18-6 at halftime.
Concordia scored 18 points in the second half to 16 for Marysville.
Phillip Lanoue finished with eight points for the Panthers.
Concordia defeated Chapman, and lost to Wamego to place second in the Chapman Tournament on Saturday.
The Panthers rolled to a 52-12 victory over Chapman in the first game.
Lawrence and Billy Bechard scored 15 points each for Concordia. Rope Dorman chipped in eight points.
Concordia then lost 35-22 to Wamego in the championship game.
Bechard led the Panthers with 12 points.
The Concordia B-team also placed second in the tournament.
Concordia got past Chapman 23-12 in the first round.
Phillip Lanoue scored seven points, and Trevor McDaniel added six points.
The Panthers were beaten 38-8 by Wamego in the title game.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014