Seventh grade girls 5-1
BELOIT — Concordia ran its record to 5-1 by defeating Beloit 28-17 in seventh grade girls’ basketball play on Monday.
The Panthers led the game 6-1 after one quarter of play.
Concordia scored seven points in the second period, to four for Beloit, and led 13-5 at halftime.
Outscoring Beloit 14-8 in the third quarter, the Panthers increased the lead to 27-13.
Beloit added four points in the final stanza to one for Concordia.
Cydney Bergmann paced the Panthers with 15 points.
Laken Schroeder and Peyton Reynolds scored four points each.
Concordia won a tournament at Chapman on Saturday.
The Panthers defeated Wamego 27-22 in the opening round.
Wamego led the game 16-12 at halftime.
Concordia scored 15 points in the second half and gave up just six.
Bergmann and Jessica Williams tossed in 12 points each for the Panthers.
Concordia downed Chapman 39-20 in the championship game.
The Panthers were up 22-9 at halftime, and outscored Chapman 17-11 over the final two quarters.
Bergmann scored 19 points in the win. Reynolds added six points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014