Seventh grade girls place third
CHAPMAN — Bouncing back from a loss in the first round, the Concordia seventh grade girls’ basketball team downed Chapman 25-16 to place third in the Chapman Invitational on Saturday.
Concordia lost 36-15 to Wamego in the first game.
The Panthers jumped out to an 8-0 lead on Chapman in the third-place game.
Concordia scored seven points in the second stanza, and gave up six, to grab a 15-6 halftime lead.
Each team scored five points in the third quarter and five in the fourth.
Mykah Eshbaugh led the way for Concordia with 11 points.
Katlynn Miller scored eight points for the Panthers.
Wamego led Concordia 7-2 after one quarter of play.
The Panthers were outscored 8-5 in the second period, and trailed 15-7 at halftime.
Wamego pumped in 10 points in the third quarter, to six for Concordia, and led 25-13.
The Panthers managed to score two points in the final period, and Wamego scored 11.
Eshbaugh finished with nine points for Concordia.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014
- Panthers win in overtime over Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Panthers stun Cowgirls - Feb. 28, 2014
- JV boys lose to Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Abilene downs JV girls - Feb. 28, 2014