Seventh grade hangs on for win
CHAPMAN — Concordia jumped out to an early lead, and went on to defeat Chapman 31-26 in seventh grade boys’ basketball play on Thursday.
The Panthers grabbed a 14-2 lead in the first quarter.
Chapman limited Concordia to two points in the second period, and scored eight to close the gap to 16-10 at halftime.
The Panthers were outscored 9-6 in the third quarter, and led 22-19.
Concordia tacked on nine points in the final period to seven for Chapman.
Garrett Lawrence led the way for Concordia with 11 points.
Billy Bechard scored 10 points for the Panthers.
The Concordia B-team doubled up Chapman, 18-9.
Concordia had an 11-5 lead at halftime.
The Panthers scored seven points in the second half, and gave up just four points.
Phillip Lanoue scored seven points for Concordia. Trevor McDaniel added four points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014