Seventh grade hangs on for win
CHAPMAN — Concordia jumped out to an early lead, and went on to defeat Chapman 31-26 in seventh grade boys’ basketball play on Thursday.
The Panthers grabbed a 14-2 lead in the first quarter.
Chapman limited Concordia to two points in the second period, and scored eight to close the gap to 16-10 at halftime.
The Panthers were outscored 9-6 in the third quarter, and led 22-19.
Concordia tacked on nine points in the final period to seven for Chapman.
Garrett Lawrence led the way for Concordia with 11 points.
Billy Bechard scored 10 points for the Panthers.
The Concordia B-team doubled up Chapman, 18-9.
Concordia had an 11-5 lead at halftime.
The Panthers scored seven points in the second half, and gave up just four points.
Phillip Lanoue scored seven points for Concordia. Trevor McDaniel added four points.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013