Seventh grade pulls away from Abilene
ABILENE — Outscoring Abilene 7-1 in the fourth quarter, the Concordia seventh grade girls’ basketball team pulled out a 17-15 win on Tuesday.
Concordia trailed Abilene 14-10 through three quarters of play, but gave up just one free throw.
Cydney Bergmann scored all seven points as the Panthers rallied for the win.
Bergmann finished with 10 points for Concordia. Brittany MacLean scored four points.
The game was tied 6-6 after one quarter of play.
Abilene scored five points in the second period, and gave up just two, to go up 11-8 at halftime.
Outscored 3-2 in the third quarter, Concordia fell behind 14-10.
The Concordia B-team was beaten 22-12 by Abilene.
Abilene was up 14-6 at halftime and scored eight points in the second half to six for the Panthers.
Emily Daniels and Brynn Brummett scored four points each for Concordia.
In two quarters of C-team play, Concordia downed Abilene, 8-2.
Mariah Lott had four points for the Panthers.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014