Seventh grade to play for third place
CLAY CENTER — The Concordia seventh grade girls’ basketball team defeated Clay Center and then lost to Abilene in the North Central Kansas League tournament on Monday.
Concordia got past Clay Center 23-20 in the opening round of the tournament.
The Panthers were beaten 31-16 by Abilene, and will play Chapman for third place at 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
Concordia shut out Clay Center in the opening quarter, and scored four points.
Clay Center doubled up the Panthers 4-2 in the second period, and trailed 6-4.
The Panthers added six points in the third quarter, to four for Clay Center, and led 12-8.
Clay Center put up 12 points in the final period, but Cydney Bergmann scored 11 for Concordia as the Panthers held on for the win.
Bergmann finished with 13 points.
Laken Schroeder scored eight for the Panthers.
Concordia fell behind Abilene 6-3 in the first quarter in the semifinal game.
Abilene outscored the Panthers 8-2 in the second stanza to make it a 14-5 game at halftime.
Scoring six points in the third period, and giving up five, Abilene led 20-10.
Abilene added 11 points in the final quarter to six for Concordia.
Bergmann scored six points for the Panthers.
Schroeder and Peyton Reynolds had four points each.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Family Health Mart wins, 9-6 - Jun. 18, 2013
- Swim team competes at York - Jun. 18, 2013
- F&A Food Sales sweeps CNB - Jun. 17, 2013
- American Legion clips Lions - Jun. 17, 2013
- Blues win all four in Hebron tournament - Jun. 17, 2013
- Funk Pharmacy beats Co-op - Jun. 14, 2013
- 16th Street Car Wash wins, 7-2 - Jun. 14, 2013
- Hurricanes host to swim meet - Jun. 14, 2013
- CNB splits with Bandits - Jun. 14, 2013