Subway and Funk end season with wins
Subway and Funk Pharmacy finished up the Girls’ Junior Softball regular season with wins Tuesday night at the Concordia Sports Complex.
Scoring 13 runs in the second and third innings combined, Subway defeated the American Legion, 13-2.
Funk Pharmacy dealt Cloud County Co-op a 16-5 defeat.
The Girls’ Junior Softball Tournament will be played Thursday night.
The American Legion scored one run in the first inning and one in the second against Subway.
Subway put up five runs in the second inning, and led 5-2.
Scoring eight runs on three hits and seven walks, Subway pulled away to the 13-2 win.
Laken Schroeder did the pitching for Subway. She also scored three runs.
Taegen Larsen and Rachel Anderson scored two runs each for Subway.
Funk Pharmacy got out to a 5-1 lead on Cloud County Co-op in the first inning.
Each team scored three runs in the second inning, and Funk Pharmacy led 8-3.
Funk Pharmacy put up eight runs in the fourth inning, and Cloud County Co-op scored one.
Allison Poore was the winning pitcher for Funk Pharmacy.
Courtney Mansfield and Chloe Conway pitched for Cloud County Co-op.
Poore and Kendall Chrisco scored three runs each for Funk Pharmacy.
Erin Meyer, Jessica Romo and Jenna Bloomer scored two runs each.
Hailey Budke scored two runs for Cloud County Co-op.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014