T-Birds blast Fort Scott
FORT SCOTT – The Cloud County Community College softball team pounded out 26 hits and scored 30 runs to sweep a doubleheader from the Fort Scott Community College Greyhounds on Saturday.
The T-Birds won the first game 14-2 and the second 16-1.
Cloud County dropped a pair of games at Johnson County on Friday losing 2-0 and 8-2.
In game one at Fort Scott the T-Birds scored four runs in the first inning.
Katelyn Bailey reached on a fielder’s choice with one-out.
Jessica Downard singled with two-outs to score Bailey.
Kaylee Mick and Madison Bryant walked.
Kelsey Jones singled and scored Downard and Mick.
Bryant came home on a stolen base to give the T-Birds a 4-0 lead.
Cloud County added to the lead, scoring twice in the second.
Downard singled with two-out, and Mick walked.
Jones drew a bases-loaded walk to score Downard, and Tavia Fazel singled to score Mick.
The Greyhounds got a run in the third inning, making the score 6-1.
The T-Birds exploded in the fourth inning scoring eight runs giving them a 14-1 lead.
Mick and Bryant both walked to start the inning.
Jones doubled to drive in one run.
Fazel followed with a two-run double and scored on a passed ball.
Sierra Eason hit a two-run homerun and Bailey walked and scored on a fielder’s choice to round out the scoring.
Fort Scott added a run in the fifth for the 14-2 final.
Downard and Mick each scored three runs for Cloud County.
Kelsey Jones pitched all five innings allowing two runs on two hits, she struckout eight and walked one.
Cloud County scored early again in the second game.
Eason and Bailey each singled to open the game.
Chatley Lovvorn singled to drive in the first run of the game.
Bailey later scored on a fielder’s choice
The T-Birds added four runs in the second to take a 6-0 lead.
Bryant doubled to start the inning.
Jones walked and Fazel singled to score Bryant.
Eason doubled to score one run and Bailey grounded out scoring Fazel.
Savanna Luke singled with one-out in the fourth that was followed by a single by Eason.
Both runners would score in the inning, giving Cloud County an 8-0 lead.
Fort Scott scored their only run of the game in the bottom of the fourth.
The T-Birds scored eight more times in the top of the fifth.
Bryant doubled with one-out.
Jones singled to score Bryant.
Luke and Eason walked with two-out.
Bailey singled home all three base runners.
Downard doubled to score one run and Mick doubled home two more.
Eason scored four runs in the game.
Bailey had four runs batted in.
Luke pitched all five innings, allowing just one run on one hit.
She struckout eleven.
In the first game at Johnson County on Friday the T-Birds could only muster three hits and had just one baserunner past first base in the 2-0 loss.
Johnson County got the only runs of the game on a two-run homerun by Emily Garcia in the fourth inning.
Jones pitched all six innings for the T-Birds allowing just two runs on five hits.
She struckout seven and walked one.
In game two against Johnson County the T-Birds took an early lead scoring twice in the fourth inning.
Downard doubled and scored on a double by Mick.
Jones singled home Mick.
Johnson County scored one in the fourth and seven in the fifth for the 8-2 final.
Luke and Jones both pitched in the game.
Luke gave up eight runs on 12 hits, she struckout four.
Jones gave up no runs on one hit; she struckout one and walked one.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013