T-Birds fall short against Maplewoods
Maplewoods Community College got some help from the home team in their 3-1 win over the T-Birds at the Cloud County soccer field yesterday.
The game was tied 1-1 late in the second half when Cloud County defender Charlotte Barnes headed a crossing shot into the T-Birds goal giving the Monarchs a 2-1 lead.
Maplewoods added a goal with about a minute left in the game for the 3-1 final.
The two teams battled to a 0-0 tie at the half.
Cloud County got on the board first in the second half on a goal by Georgia Walters,
Maplewoods tied the game and then took the lead on the one goal by the T-Birds.
The T-Birds are now 7-7 overall and 5-3 in the Jayhawk Conference.
Cloud County will host Neosho County next Tuesday at 2:00 p.m.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013