T-Birds get fourth straight win
Knocking off Pratt Community College in straight sets Tuesday night in Bryant Gymnasium, the Cloud County volleyball team recorded its fourth consecutive win.
Cloud County has won five of its last six matches to improve to 12-11 on the season.
The Thunderbirds are now 7-5 in the Jayhawk Conference Western Division and are in third place one game back of Seward County.
Cloud County plays at Colby, the number one team in the West at 10-1, on Thursday night.
The T-Birds won the first set against Pratt,, 25-18.
Cloud County squeezed out a 27-25 win over the Beavers in the second set, and took the third set, 25-16.
Hilta Pereira led the T-Birds with 13 kills.
Erin Terrell had seven kills for Cloud County.
Kaylee Bontrager and Josie Hale added six kills each.
Emily Brown had 14 digs for the T-Birds.
Kylie Penning had 30 assists and four digs.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014