T-Birds lose twice in home opener
Playing at home for the first time this season, the Cloud County Thunderbirds lost twice to Longview (Mo.) Community College Thursday at the Concordia Sports Complex.
Longview edged Cloud County 4-3 in the first game of the doubleheader, and won the second game, 7-1.
In game one, Longview put up four runs on five hits in the top of the first inning.
Cloud County answered with three runs in the bottom of the first.
Austin White drew a walk to lead off the inning.
With one out, Chase Reibenspies was hit by a pitch.
Jesse Rall followed with a three-run home run.
Neither team would score over the final six innings.
Kody Cox had the only other hit for Cloud County, a double in the fourth inning.
The T-Birds did load the bases in the bottom of the seventh inning when Jordan Brown, Daniel Schafer and Reibenspies walked.
A strikeout ended the game.
Longview used three pitchers.
Thomas Boucher gave up three runs on one hit, struck out two and walked two in two innings.
Tyler Patty pitched four scoreless innings. He allowed one hit, struck out two and walked two.
Brett Valentine went one inning. He walked three and struck out one.
Steven Federau took the loss for Cloud County. He gave up four runs on eight hits, struck out eight and walked one in six innings.
Taylor Keller pitched a scoreless seventh inning. He struck out one.
Longview jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning in game two.
The Lakers added two runs in the fourth inning and two in the sixth.
Scoreless over six innings, the T-Birds picked up one run in the bottom of the seventh.
Cal Zagurski led off with a walk.
Cox and Brown drew walks, and Zagurski scored when Rall walked with the bases loaded and two out.
Cloud County was limited to four hits in the game.
Zach DeMars suffered the loss. He gave up five runs on eight hits, struck out two and walked three in four innings.
Matthew Forsythe allowed two runs on five hits and struck out three in three innings.
Zagurski had two of Cloud County’s four hits.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014