T-Birds pick up conference win
Cloud County picked up its first Jayhawk Conference Western Division win of the season by defeating Dodge City in four sets Tuesday night in Bryant Gymnasium.
The Thunderbirds, 4-14 overall and 1-7 in Conference play, won the first set of the match, 25-21.
Dodge City, 8-16 overall and 1-6 in the Jayhawk West, evened the match with a 25-22 victory in the second set.
Cloud County won the third set 25-20 to go up 2-1.
The T-Birds capped off the win by taking the fourth set, 25-23.
Madison Hoover had 12 kills in the win for Cloud County.
Jordan Krohn chipped in 10 kills and eight digs.
Kendra Zabokrtsky also had 10 kills, and Erin Terrell had nine.
Ariel Buhr, a sophomore libero, had 29 digs for the T-Birds.
Freshman setter Averie Gritten finished with 41 assists and eight digs.
Prairee Marlier had 11 digs.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013