T-Birds snap losing skid
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Cloud County snapped a three-game losing streak by squeezing past Kansas City Kansas Community College in a Region 6 men’s soccer match on Tuesday.
The Thunderbirds had lost five consecutive matches before suffering three straight losses in Texas last week.
“I think Texas helped us in the long run, playing that quality of teams. We actually should have won two of those,” Cloud County coach Derek Talcott said.
Cloud County is now 8-7 overall and 5-2 in region.
The T-Birds are in third place behind Coffeyville and Barton County, both 7-1.
Kerbson Lubin scored a goal in the 16th minute to give Cloud County an early 1-0 lead on KCK.
The T-Birds went up 2-0 on a goal by Alexander Kunz in the 25th minute.
KCK made it 2-1 with a goal in the 32nd minute.
The Blue Devils had an opportunity to tie the match late in the first half, but Cloud County goalkeeper Juan Mendoza made a save on a penalty kick.
Cloud County extended the lead to 3-1 when Gefte Blanc scored in the second half.
KCK tacked on a goal in the 67th minute to make the final 3-2.
The Blue Devils fall to 3-4-2 overall and 2-4-2 in the region.
Cloud County 0
The Cloud County women did not give up a goal to KCK, but suffered a 1-0 loss.
An own goal when a Cloud County player attempted to clear a ball deflected into the goal was the only score in the match.
“We are struggling without Georgia,” Talcott said.
Georgia Walters, the leading goal scorer for the T-Birds, is out with a bruised knee.
Cloud County has lost four straight, and is now 3-8 overall and 0-8 in the region.
KCK improves to 3-7-2 overall and 3-6-2 in the region.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eighth grade gets win over Republic County - Dec. 13, 2013
- Seventh grade cruises past Republic County - Dec. 13, 2013
- Late surge pushes Panthers past Buffs - Dec. 11, 2013
- Panthers win second straight - Dec. 11, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers split - Dec. 11, 2013
- Republic County down Panther JV - Dec. 11, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 11, 2013
- Eighth grade falls to Marysville - Dec. 10, 2013
- Marysville handles seventh grade girls - Dec. 10, 2013
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013