T-Birds split with Labette
Cloud County scored three runs in the bottom of the sixth inning to pull out a 5-2 win over Labette in the first game of Jayhawk Conference Eastern Division doubleheader it hosted on Wednesday.
Labette earned a split in the twinbill by winning the second game, 10-1.
One run in the third inning and one in the fourth gave Labette a 2-0 lead in game one.
Jessica Downard homered with Madison Bryant aboard in the bottom of the fifth inning to pull Cloud County even at 2-2.
The T-Birds then scored three runs in the sixth to go on top to stay.
Kelsey Jones led off the inning with a single.
Mikayla Soderstrom and Tavia Fazel singled to load the bases.
Katelyn Bailey knocked in two runs with a single.
Sierra Eason drove in Fazel to make it a 5-2.
Jones retired nine straight Labette batters over the final three innings. She gave up two runs on six hits, struck out two and walked one in picking up the win.
Downard and Bailey had two hits and drove in two runs each for Cloud County.
Bryant and Fazel each had two hits.
In the second game, Labette scored two runs in the first inning, three in the second and one in the fourth to grab a 6-0 lead.
Eason singled and scored on a base hit by Downard in the bottom of the fourth inning for Cloud County.
Labette added one run in the fifth inning and three in the sixth.
Kenzie Dunlap limited the T-Birds to one run on two hits and struck out four.
Savanna Luke took the loss for Cloud County. She gave up 10 runs on 16 hits, struck out four and walked two.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014