T-Birds suffer conference loss to Allen County
IOLA — Allen County scored a goal in overtime to defeat Cloud County 2-1 in men’s soccer play Tuesday.
A goal in the first half gave Allen County a 1-0 lead.
Kerbson Lubin scored for Cloud County in the second half to even the match at 1-1.
The Red Devils then knocked in the winning goal in overtime.
Cloud County falls to 2-4 overall and 1-2 in the Jayhawk Conference with the loss.
“Even though we lost, it was probably the best game we have played because it wasn’t as negative as it has been. I am hoping we can build off of that moving forward,” Cloud County coach Derek Talcott said.
Allen County is now 3-3 overall and 1-1 in the Conference.
Allen County 8,
Cloud County 0
Playing with just 10 players in the second half, the Cloud County women lost 8-0 to Allen County.
Allen County got out to a 3-0 halftime lead.
Cloud County started with just 11 players, and had a player suffer an injury in the first half.
The Red Devils tacked on five goals in the second half.
“It was just a mental lapse of going down a girl,” Talcott said.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013