T-Birds suffer conference loss to Allen County
IOLA — Allen County scored a goal in overtime to defeat Cloud County 2-1 in men’s soccer play Tuesday.
A goal in the first half gave Allen County a 1-0 lead.
Kerbson Lubin scored for Cloud County in the second half to even the match at 1-1.
The Red Devils then knocked in the winning goal in overtime.
Cloud County falls to 2-4 overall and 1-2 in the Jayhawk Conference with the loss.
“Even though we lost, it was probably the best game we have played because it wasn’t as negative as it has been. I am hoping we can build off of that moving forward,” Cloud County coach Derek Talcott said.
Allen County is now 3-3 overall and 1-1 in the Conference.
Allen County 8,
Cloud County 0
Playing with just 10 players in the second half, the Cloud County women lost 8-0 to Allen County.
Allen County got out to a 3-0 halftime lead.
Cloud County started with just 11 players, and had a player suffer an injury in the first half.
The Red Devils tacked on five goals in the second half.
“It was just a mental lapse of going down a girl,” Talcott said.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014
- Panthers win in overtime over Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Panthers stun Cowgirls - Feb. 28, 2014
- JV boys lose to Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Abilene downs JV girls - Feb. 28, 2014