T-Birds suffer four losses in New Mexico
HOBBS, N.M. — Midland College snapped a 6-6 tie with a run the bottom of the seventh inning, and then added five runs in the eighth on its way to a 12-5 win over the Cloud County Community College baseball team on Monday.
Cloud County lost 6-0 to New Mexico Junior College on Monday.
The Thunderbirds dropped both ends of a doubleheader to Howard College on Sunday, 7-5, 28-4.
Cloud County trailed Midland 6-3 heading into the top of the seventh inning.
Scoring three runs on a single, two walks, a wild pitch and a sacrifice fly, the T-Birds tied the game at 6-6.
Midland reclaimed the lead at 7-6 with a run in the bottom of the seventh, and then tacked on five runs in the eighth.
Trevor Rinne pitched six innings, and gave up six runs on 10 hits and struck out four for Cloud County.
Matthew Forsythe worked the final two innings, and allowed six runs on seven hits and struck out one in suffering the loss.
Austin White and JD Peterson had two hits each for the T-Birds.
Jean Francis-Dionne threw a no-hitter as New Mexico Junior College beat Cloud County, 6-0.
Francis-Dionne struck out five and walked one in seven innings.
New Mexico Junior College scored one run in the first inning, two in the third and three in the fifth.
Zachary Larkin went four and two-thirds innings in taking the loss. He gave up six runs on eight hits, struck out six and walked two.
Taylor Keller pitched an inning and a third. He did not allow a run or hit.
On Sunday, Howard College got out to a 6-1 lead, and held on to defeat the T-Birds, 7-5.
Howard scored two runs in the first inning, three in the third and one in the fourth.
Skye O’Neil singled home two runs as Cloud County scored three times in the top of the fifth inning to make it a 6-4 game.
Howard added a run in the bottom of the fifth.
Cloud County made it 7-5 with a run in the sixth inning, but left the bases loaded.
The T-Birds stranded two runners in the seventh.
Steven Federau pitched all six innings in taking the loss. He allowed seven runs, six earned, on eight hits. He walked three.
Jesse Rall had two hits for the T-Birds.
Cloud County then lost 28-4 to Howard.
Howard pounded out 28 hits in the game, including four home runs.
Cloud County scored four runs on eight hits.
Zach DeMars gave up 11 runs, nine earned, on 12 hits in four innings. He struck out three and walked two.
Drew Dejmal allowed 13 runs, 11 earned, on 11 hits in one inning. He struck out one and walked one.
Adam Balliet went one inning, and gave up four runs on five hits. He struck out one.
Rall had two hits in the game.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Late surge pushes Panthers past Buffs - Dec. 11, 2013
- Panthers win second straight - Dec. 11, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers split - Dec. 11, 2013
- Republic County down Panther JV - Dec. 11, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 11, 2013
- Eighth grade falls to Marysville - Dec. 10, 2013
- Marysville handles seventh grade girls - Dec. 10, 2013
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013