T-Birds topple KWU JV
Stretched to five sets, the Cloud County Community College volleyball team defeated the Kansas Wesleyan University junior varsity Monday night in Bryant Gymnasium.
Cloud County got out to a 2-0 lead by winning the first two sets 25-16, 25-17.
Kansas Wesleyan won the next two sets 25-13, 26-24 to even the match at 2-2.
The Thunderbirds took the fifth and deciding set, 15-12.
Erin Terrell and Josie Hale had 11 kills each for Cloud County.
Hilta Pereira chipped in nine kills and four blocks.
Kaylee Bontrager also had nine kills.
Kylie Penning finished with 34 assists and four blocks.
Emily Brown had 13 digs and Helena Lukovic had seven digs.
“We are continuing to make strides in some areas we have been lacking in like blocking and finishing offensively. However, our ability to work as a team has been struggling this past week or two affecting our trust and confidence on the court. We were able to come out with the win in this case, and I am proud of the girls for sticking to it and putting in the effort to finish on top,” Cloud County coach Molly Skocny said.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014