T-Birds topple KWU JV
Stretched to five sets, the Cloud County Community College volleyball team defeated the Kansas Wesleyan University junior varsity Monday night in Bryant Gymnasium.
Cloud County got out to a 2-0 lead by winning the first two sets 25-16, 25-17.
Kansas Wesleyan won the next two sets 25-13, 26-24 to even the match at 2-2.
The Thunderbirds took the fifth and deciding set, 15-12.
Erin Terrell and Josie Hale had 11 kills each for Cloud County.
Hilta Pereira chipped in nine kills and four blocks.
Kaylee Bontrager also had nine kills.
Kylie Penning finished with 34 assists and four blocks.
Emily Brown had 13 digs and Helena Lukovic had seven digs.
“We are continuing to make strides in some areas we have been lacking in like blocking and finishing offensively. However, our ability to work as a team has been struggling this past week or two affecting our trust and confidence on the court. We were able to come out with the win in this case, and I am proud of the girls for sticking to it and putting in the effort to finish on top,” Cloud County coach Molly Skocny said.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013