Three CJHS wrestlers place first
MANHATTAN — Blake Leiszler, Alec Ngo and Tracer Workman recorded first-place finishes for the Concordia Junior High School wrestling team in the Little Apple Grapple on Saturday.
Leiszler posted a 3-0 record in placing first in the 75A division.
Ngo was first in the 75B division with a 3-0 record.
Workman, 127A division, was also 3-0 in finishing first.
Concordia had 12 wrestlers place in the top four.
Zach Strait, 85A, was second with a 1-1 record.
Jacob Palmquist, 148A; Brent Beaumont, 165A and Isai Duenas, 265B each went 2-1 to place second.
Rope Dorman, 120A, was third with a 3-1 record.
Kyler Caspers, 85C, 1-2; Cole Larsen, 105B, 2-2; Jaden Whitesell, 155A, 2-2; and Russell VandenBroeder, 265A, 1-2, finished fourth.
“This is a very good tournament to start the season. The kids are bracketed according to skill level, and this is extremely beneficial to first and second year wrestlers. Almost everyone got three matches, and hopefully we learned from the experience,” Concordia coach Doug Moore said.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013