Three Panthers named to All-NCKL team
Three members of the Concordia High School football team were named All-North Central Kansas League.
Drake Hake earned all-league honors on offense.
Gage Canfield and Skyler Hittle were named All-NCKL on defense.
Hake, a 5-6, 170-pound junior running back, ranked fourth in the League in rushing with 650 yards despite missing two games because of injury. He averaged 5.1 yards per carry and scored six touchdowns.
Canfield, a 5-6, 145-pound junior defensive lineman, had 66 tackles for the Panthers, including seven tackles for loss.
Hittle, a 6-2, 230-pound senior linebacker, played in just four games because of injury and finished with 31 tackles. He averaged 7.8 tackles per game.
Concordia had offensive linemen Stafen Guevara, a 6-3, 265-pound junior, and Kyle Marks, a 5-9, 220-pound senior, receive all-league honorable mention.
All-league selections on offense along with Hake include:
Noah Callis, senior lineman, Abilene; Harley Hazlett, sophomore quarterback, Abilene; Blake Atkinson, junior lineman, Chapman; Logan Lexow, senior running back, Chapman; Robert Walsh, senior running back, Chapman; Lody Black, senior, lineman, Clay Center; Kody Gregory, senior, quarterback, Clay Center; Coleman Forst, senior, lineman, Marysville; Kyler Alderson, junior, quarterback, Wamego; Austin Winter, senior, lineman, Wamego; Trent York, senior, receiver, Wamego; and Brady Hammel, junior punter, Clay Center.
All-league selections on defense include;
Alderson,Callis, Lexow, Reg Koop, senior, linebacker, Abilene; Jason Zook, sophomore, lineman, Chapman; Tyler Bisnette, senior, lineman, Clay Center; Austin Fleming, senior, linebacker, Clay Center; Ricky Huse, junior, defensive back, Clay Center; Shawn Burns, sophomore, lineman, Wamego; Logan Stoddard, senior, linebacker, Wamego; and John Teneych, senior, defensive back, Wamego.
Receiving all-league honorable mention include:
Huse, Zook and Fleming; Tanner Hoekman, Keil Kelley, Jesse Patrick, Andy Tope and Chase Stalder, Abilene; Gavin Canaday and Riley O’Neal, Chapman; Zach Thurlow, Clay Center; Cody Svoboda, Tanner Wright and Bridger Yaussi, Marysville; Dylan Besthorn and Leiv Nelson, Wamego.
Receiving honorable mention on defense include:
Kelly, Black; Blake Anguiano, Dalton Goodwin and Killian Millner, Abilene; Adam Hildebrand and Zack Witt, Chapman; Baylee Easternberg, Daniel Graves and Alec Maclean, Clay Center; Kaleb Koerperich, Josh Nelson and Brock Watts, Marysville; Jeff Brazzle, Matt Roudybush and Wyatt Totten, Wamego.
Wamego went 5-0 to win the League championship. Abilene was 4-1 and finished second.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014