Three Panthers place in top 10
BELLEVILLE — Three Concordia girls recorded top 10 finishes in the Republic County Invitational cross country meet Thursday at Belleville Country Club.
Courtney Monzon ran 17:46.12 to place fourth for Concordia.
Maggie Lambert crossed in seventh place for the Panthers in 18:00.78.
Hunter Mendenhall finished 10th with a time of 18:15.93.
Concordia finished second as a team with 42 points.
Clay Center won the meet with 28 points. Pike Valley finished third with 92 points.
The Concordia boys were fifth as a team with 108 points.
Clay Center captured the boys’ team title with 37 points. Wakefield was second with 65 points and Republic County was third with 70.
The Concordia girls had Olivia Leif place 12th in 18:27.34.
Mallory Thompson ran 18:56.83 to finish 15th, and Tori Reed was 16th in 19:02.42.
Savannah Kipfer, Clay Center, won the race in 17:08.70.
The Concordia boys got a top 10 finish from Isaac Sprague who was eighth with a time of 19:26.70.
Cody Schmitz finished 30th in 21:13.31.
Devin Kymer placed 33rd in 21:25.66.
Marcel Rimrodt was 39th in 22:07.99 and Josh Timme was 40th in 22:27.44.
Alex Conn, Beloit, ran 16:36.56 to win the boys’ race.
Connor Reynolds finished 45th in 23:47.13 and Ben Strommen was 52nd in 28:30.45.
In the boys’ junior varsity race, Gavin Shuler finished 10th in 23:14.00.
Paul Frost was 20th in 25:06.52 and Caleb Hartzell was 29th in 26:44.88.
Kirstyn Dvorak finished third in the junior varsity girls’ race in 22:43.95. Jackelin Garcia was eighth in 24:16.66.
REPUBLIC COUNTY INVITATIONAL
Clay Center 37, Wakefield 65, Republic County 70, Beloit 99, Concordia 108, Pike Valley 132.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Conn, Beloit, 16:36.56; 2. Callaway, Pike Valley, 16:45.79; 3. Siebold, Clay Center, 18:28.23; 4. Smith, Marysville, 18:45.72; 5. Kline, Smith Center, 18:59.86; 6. Blanding, Pike Valley, 19:13.48; 7. Taylor, Wakefield, 19:14.73; 8. Sprague, Concordia, 19:26.70; 9. Beals, Southern Cloud, 19:27.84; 10. Fox, Clay Center, 19:44.38.
Clay Center 28, Concordia 42, Pike Valley 92, Republic County 96, Beloit 97.
Top 10 Individuals
1. Kipfer, Clay Center, 17:09.70; 2. DesRosiers, Clay Center, 17:31.36; 3. Alstrom, Marysville, 17:33.86; 4. Monzon, Concordia, 17:46.12; 5. Meier, Pike Valley, 17:51.84; 6. Aurand, Republic County, 17:56.04; 7. Lambert, Concordia, 18:00.78; 8. Larson, Clay Center, 18:07.27; 9. Pederson, Clay Center, 18:12.31; 10. Mendenhall, Concordia, 18:15.93.
SALINA – Kylie Trobee scored three runs and drove in four in the Cloud County Community College softball team's 18-0 win over Brown Mackie here yesterday. The win completed a doubleheader sweep; the T-Birds won game one 13-0. Cloud County got started early in the finale... [More]
ABILENE – The Concordia High School golf team led by Grant Holmes finished third in the Abilene Invitational on Tuesday. The Panthers finished with a team score of 336 and finished behind Wamego (322) and Abilene (327). Holmes shot 81 and finished in sixth place. Marcus... [More]
- Rimrodt wins Abilene tournament
- CJHS track team compete in Beloit
- Swanson, Wallace record first-place finishes
- Panthers split doubleheader with Sacred Heart
- CHS softball gets first win of season
- JV softball gets one win
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first
- Wrestling club has six place in state tournament
Police Dept. Report Damage to property—Darci J. Elliott, Concordia, reported Damage to Property at 7:35 a.m., April 22. Damage occurred sometime in the last 48 hours in the 400 block of West 16th St. Fire Dept./EMS Report At 9:12 p.m., Tuesday, Medic-5 responded to the... [More]
By Sharon Coy Blade Staff Writer When Susan Sutton, Cloud County Community College Dean of Humanities, was a student at CCCC a seed for her love of the theatre was planted. Although she had never taken part in plays in high school and her only drama experience had... [More]
Whereas, Cloud County Community College, The Brown Grand Theatre, the National Orphan Train Complex and many other organizations and causes have benefited immeasurably from the dedication and skill of Susan Sutton; and Whereas, Susan Sutton has for 39 years enlivened the... [More]
Dear Editor, Questions that need answers? 1. Why should we sign up for the Special Civility Pledge? 2. Isn't the “Bill of Rights” still acceptable? 3. Aren't the Ten Commandments still taught? 4. What happened to the... [More]