Three Panthers receive all-state recognition
Three members of the Concordia High School football team have received Class 4A All-State recognition.
Gabe Bergmann was named first-team all-state on defense by the Topeka Capital-Journal and the Wichita Eagle.
Trevor Nordell and Derek Pearson received all-state honorable mention by the Capital-Journal and the Eagle.
Bergmann, a 6-4, 245-pound senior defensive end, had 77 tackles, including 15 tackles for loss, and nine sacks for a Concordia team that finished 8-3 and advanced to the second round of the state playoffs.
Nordell, a 6-2, 190-pound runningback/safety, had 52 tackles, including four tackles for loss. He rushed for 934 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Pearson, a 6-0, 245-pound lineman, helped lead the way for a Concordia team that racked up 3,592 yards rushing on the season.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013