Three Panthers receive all-state recognition
Three members of the Concordia High School football team have received Class 4A All-State recognition.
Gabe Bergmann was named first-team all-state on defense by the Topeka Capital-Journal and the Wichita Eagle.
Trevor Nordell and Derek Pearson received all-state honorable mention by the Capital-Journal and the Eagle.
Bergmann, a 6-4, 245-pound senior defensive end, had 77 tackles, including 15 tackles for loss, and nine sacks for a Concordia team that finished 8-3 and advanced to the second round of the state playoffs.
Nordell, a 6-2, 190-pound runningback/safety, had 52 tackles, including four tackles for loss. He rushed for 934 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Pearson, a 6-0, 245-pound lineman, helped lead the way for a Concordia team that racked up 3,592 yards rushing on the season.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Eleven Concordia wrestlers finish first - Mar. 11, 2014
- CHS boys down Clay Center 65-49 to earn first trip to state since 1999 - Mar. 10, 2014
- Tigers stun Panthers 48-40 in sub-state title game - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds lose doubleheader at Butler County - Mar. 10, 2014
- Robinson wins national high jump title - Mar. 10, 2014
- Stewart, Alexander named all-conference - Mar. 10, 2014
- Panthers dominate Smoky Valley - Mar. 10, 2014
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014