Timme and Hasch earn third place finishes
CHAPMAN — Danielle Timme and Rachel Hasch earned third place finishes for the Concordia High School tennis team at the Chapman Quadrangular here yesterday.
Timme, playing #1 singles in the meet, lost to Briana Eliot of Chapman 7-5, lost to Kinsey Ford of Abilene 6-1 and defeated Amanda Von Seggren of Wamego 6-0.
Hasch won her first match over Lauren Perry of Chapman 6-2, she then lost to Marissa Schardein of Abilene 6-4 and Tessa Seeberger of Wamego 6-2.
Concordia’s #1 doubles team of Sara Hittle and Autumn Zimmerman lost to Brittany Duer and Jessie Heiman of Chapman 6-1, lost to Carly Wilson and Mallory Olberding of Abilene 6-3 and lost to Kaylee Page and Lanie Page of Wamego 6-0.
Julie Gross and Marissa Morgan, the Panthers #2 doubles team, lost to Carlie Phillips and Katy Fink of Chapman 6-0, lost to Sam Reiff and Breanna Barrett of Abilene 6-3 and lost to Hannah Pearce and Kelsey Adcock of Wamego 6-4.
The Panthers finish fourth in the meet with five points.
Chapman won the meet with 23 points, Wamego scored 20 and was second and Abilene finished third with 12.
“It was tough for us today against three of our league schools.” said Coach Steve Mitchell,.
“We picked up a couple of wins and had opportunities for three or four more if we could just find a way to win important points late in the matches,” said Mitchell.
The Panthers travel to Phillipsburg on September 17th for a quadrangular.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014