Trojans get past Thunderbirds
Jayhawk Conference Western Division leader Colby Community College needed four sets to get past the Cloud County Thunderbirds Wednesday night in Bryant Gymnasium.
Cloud County, 4-10 overall and 1-3 in the Jayhawk West, cruised to a 25-15 victory in the first set of the match.
Colby, now 12-4 overall and 5-0 in the Conference, won the second set 25-17 to make it 1-1.
The Trojans went up 2-1 with a 25-15 victory in the third set.
Colby secured the victory 25-21 in the fourth set.
Erin Terrell had nine kills and two stuff blocks for Cloud County.
Monica Long and Hilta Pereira had eight kills each for the T-Birds.
Emily Brown finished with 12 digs.
Kylie Penning had 31 assists and six digs.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014
- Panthers win in overtime over Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Panthers stun Cowgirls - Feb. 28, 2014
- JV boys lose to Abilene - Feb. 28, 2014
- Abilene downs JV girls - Feb. 28, 2014