Two sixth inning runs give Panthers 4-3 win
Scoring two runs in the bottom of the sixth inning, the Concordia Panthers slipped past Marysville 4-3 in the first game of a North Central Kansas League softball doubleheader Tuesday at the Concordia Sports Complex.
Trailing 3-2, Concordia picked up two runs on three hits to go up 4-3.
Marsyville had the bases loaded with two out in the top of the seventh inning when a fly ball ended the game.
The Bulldogs bounced back to beat the Panthers 14-2 in the second game.
Marysville scored first in game one with a run in the top of the second inning.
Concordia scored two runs in the bottom of the third, and led 2-1.
Tristen Leiszler singled with one out, and scored on a double by Nikki Blankenbeckley.
Madeline Hoard followed with a single to get Blankenbeckley home.
A run in the fourth inning and one in the top of the sixth gave Marysville the lead back at 3-2.
Robin Daniels led off the bottom of the sixth with a double, and Amanda Lawrence singled.
With two out, Leiszler knocked in two runs with a base hit to put Concordia up 4-3.
Marysville had two singles and a double in the top of the seventh inning, but couldn’t get the tying run home.
Allissa Kearn pitched all seven innings to get the win. She gave up three runs on 10 hits, struck out two and walked two.
Leiszler had two htis and drove in two runs.
Lawrence was 3-for-3 at the plate.
Blankenbeckley, Kearn and Daniels had two hits each.
In the second game, Marysville jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the second inning.
The Bulldogs added one run in the third and two in the fifth to make it 7-0.
Concordia scored two runs in the bottom of the sixth inning.
Blankenbeckley tripled to drive in Leiszler and scored a run.
Marysville blew the game open with seven runs in the top of the seventh inning.
Hoard suffered the loss for Concordia.
Blankenbeckley had two of the Panthers’ five hits in the game
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- Cloud County scorches Broncos - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans pull away from Panthers in opener, 63-48 - Dec. 9, 2013
- T-Birds fall short againsty No. 7 Reivers - Dec. 9, 2013
- Panthers battle past Trojans, 63-61 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CHS wrestlers place sixth at Wamego - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks drop T-Birds, 63-60 - Dec. 9, 2013
- CJHS wrestlers go 1-2 - Dec. 9, 2013
- Trojans knock off JV boys - Dec. 9, 2013
- JV girls lose - Dec. 9, 2013
- Two ConKids wrestlers place first - Dec. 9, 2013
- Hawks hold off hard charging T-Birds - Dec. 5, 2013
- Eighth grade girls lose to Sacred Heart - Dec. 4, 2013
- Seventh grade wins 35-4 - Dec. 4, 2013
- Reivers too much for Cloud County - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds lose for second time in two days - Dec. 2, 2013
- Cloud County uses balance in win over Northern Oklahoma-Tonkawa - Dec. 2, 2013
- T-Birds can't recover from Cougars second half run - Dec. 2, 2013