Widen named to All-NCKL team
Lindsey Widen, who led the Concordia High School volleyball team in kills and blocks, was a unanimous selection to the All-North Central Kansas League volleyball team.
Widen, a senior, ranked second in the League in kills with 3.91 per game. She had 68 blocks, and ranked first in the League in passing efficiency (2.52), first on the team in serve percentage (96.8) and second in assists (3.16 per game).
Concordia’s Emily Brown, a senior, received all-league honorable mention. She led the League in digs with 859.
Concordia finished the season 21-19 overall and 3-7 in League play.
Wamego, 35-7 overall, won the League title with a 9-1 record.
Unanimous all-league selections along with Widen include:
Taylor Alderson, senior, Abilene; Kurstin Guy, senior, Abilene; MacKenzie Edmundson, sophomore, Clay Center; Abi Degenhardt, junior, Marysville; Tristin Wicks, junior, Marysville; Rachel Griffitt, senior, Wamego; Lakyn Rowden, senior, Wamego; and True Mussetter, sophomore, Wamego.
Gracie Sexton, senior, Abilene, and Macy Dieckmann, sophomore, Clay Center, were also all-league picks.
Receiving all-league honorable mention along with Brown include:
Carly Gassman, senior, Abilene; Meghan Roberts, senior, Marysville; and Emmalee Chrest, sophomore, Wamego.
No User Comments
Be the first to comment on this story.
- T-Birds split with Butler - Mar. 7, 2014
- CHS girls reach sub-state finals - Mar. 7, 2014
- Grizzlies fight off T-Birds in Region 6 quarterfinals - Mar. 6, 2014
- Local wrestlers place - Mar. 4, 2014
- Mavericks bounce T-Birds from Region 6 Tournament - Mar. 3, 2014
- Hittle places second at state - Mar. 3, 2014
- CCCC defeats NWKT advances, to quarterfinals - Mar. 3, 2014
- James signs with McPherson - Mar. 3, 2014